Special Note to MAC Users:
Your Apple/Mac will try to open PDFs using the built-in "Preview" program. This program will corrupt the PDF causing the text to be cut off when printing and/or making the text disappear completely. If this happens, delete the PDF and follow the instructions below (also on the yellow Page 3 of the PDF) and everything will work flawlessly.
Proper way to open the PDFs:
- Save the PDF file to your computer.
- Install the latest FREE version of Adobe Reader (older versions may display error messages)
- --> Open Adobe Reader first, then open the PDF file from within Adobe Reader. <--
Purchase and Shipping Questions
- Nothing happens when I click "Add to Cart".
- What happens after I submit my order?
- Is my credit card transaction secure?
- How long will I be able to access the certificates?
- I did not get a confirmation email/receipt.
- Do you deliver to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, etc.?
- When will you ship the certificates?
- Can I pay with a Purchase Order?
- Will the certificates work on a iPad, Android phone, tablet, etc.?,
- What is your PDF return policy?
- When I click the download link, I get a blank screen.
- The download process starts, but does not complete.
- I downloaded the file, but can't find it on my computer.
- My download link has expired. What is going on?
- Can you reactivate my expired link?
- I get an error message when I open the file, or the fonts are in Chinese.
Changing, Saving, and Printing Certificates
- Can I print use regular paper for printing?
- Can I print the certificates on my printer?
- Do I need to scale the certificates when printing?
- How do I type onto the certificate?
- How to I create my own funny award certificates?
- The text disappears when I try to make edits.
- The text gets cut off when I print the certificates.
- There is a plus sign printing on my certificates next to the name field.
- Can I save changes to the PDF file?
- How can I copy and paste the certificates into PowerPoint?
- Why can't I export the PDF to Word? It says the PDF file is password protected.
- Why can't I open the PDF in Illustrator? It says the PDF file is password protected.
- When I paste into PowerPoint, how do I hide the grey borders around the text?
- Do you sell a printed copy of the certificates?
When I click "add to cart",
If you experience any problems with our shopping cart system, please contact us immediately via email or phone. We are happy to help!
What happens after I submit my
After completing your transaction 100% securely, you will be given a link to download your copy of the PDF. You will also receive a confirmation email that contains the PDF download link.
Is my transaction secure?
Yes. Our website uses 128-Bit SSL Encryption on pages where private information is entered. We do not store your credit card numbers or share your information with any third party.
How long will I be able to
access the certificates?
The certificates are yours to keep. You will be given a download link after completing your order. Download the file to your computer and use for years to come! You only need the download link once to save the file to your computer.
I've placed my order, but did
not get a confirmation email/receipt. What do I do?
Check your spam or junk mail filter. Ask your IT or Network person to check for any email to you from the address . Corporate and school sites are getting more restrictive with the emails they let through. If you need help, do not hesitate to contact us and include an alternate yahoo, hotmail, gmail or other personal email address if possible.
Do you deliver to Australia, Canada, New Zealand,
South Africa, United Kingdom,
Yes. The certificates are available in PDF format for instant download. They are not shipped. Immediately after purchase, you can access the PDF and start printing your certificates.
When will you ship my certificates?
Your certificates are available for instant download in PDF format immediately after your purchase. They are not shipped. If you need another email with your download link, please contact us
Can I pay with a Purchase Order?
Possibly, but only as an absolute last resort. Please purchase with a credit card and have your company, school, or organization reimburse your expense. If that is not possible, ask your manager/boss to make the purchase via credit card. If that's not possible, contact us via email and we may be able to send an invoice.
Will the certificates work on a iPad, Android phone, tablet, etc.?
Not well. You should be able to open, read, and print the PDF file using a smart phone or tablet. However, the editing functionality is designed for use on a PC or MAC computer (desktop or laptop) with free Adobe Reader software installed.
What is your PDF return policy?
Buy our Fun Awards with the comfort of knowing that your order is backed by a 100% Money-Back Guarantee. This 30-Day Guarantee gives you plenty of time to try your certificates to see if they fit your needs. If for any reason you need a refund, just contact our owner Larry Weaver for instructions on receiving your refund.
I get a blank screen when I
click the PDF download link.
If you ordered the file from a business or school computer, it is possible that your organization's firewall has our download site blocked. Forward your confirmation email to your IT department and ask them to allow firewall access for the site "fatfreecartpro.com" and/or "e-junkie.com". Or just download the file from your computer at home or away from work.
The download process starts,
but does not complete.
Issues with downloading the file could be from our server, your Internet connection, your firewall, or your browser. If you can't download the file, try these steps:
- Wait a few minutes and try again (sometimes the server is temporarily busy).
- Try using a different browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Opera).
- Try the option to “open” instead of “save” when you click the download link. Once you have opened the file using Adobe Reader, make sure you save the file to your computer from the Adobe Reader file menu.
- Try from a different computer and network (e.g. your home or office).
- If you cannot download the file, forward your email receipt and detailed description of your issue to
I downloaded the file, but can't
find it on my computer.
Where your browser saves the download depends on your computer type (Mac, PC…), your operating system (XP, Vista…), and your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox…). If you can't find the file, try these steps:
- First, try searching your entire computer for the file. Try “funny*.pdf” without the quotes (note: be sure to include the asterisk).
- Or simply choose the option to “open file” instead of “save file” when you click the download link. Once you have opened the file with Adobe Reader, you will have the opportunity to save it from the Adobe Reader file menu. Save the file on your desktop or some location you can remember.
- You can also try using a different browser. If you’re using Internet Explorer, try Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Opera.
- If all else fails, get a computer-savvy friend to help.
My download link has expired. What is going on?
You should only need the link once to save the PDF to your computer. After that, you no longer need the link. To protect against unauthorized sharing, your access will "expire" if you continue to click the download link.
My download link has expired.
Will you reactivate the link?
Forward your confirmation email (contains your link) and reason for reactivation to . We will need the transaction number from your confirmation email to reactivate the link.
When I open the file, I get an
error message saying "selected file cannot be specified", or "Bad
encrypt dictionary," or the fonts are in Chinese.
The only software we support is the free version of Adobe Reader. The PDF file should work flawlessly with the latest version of that program:
- Open Adobe Reader first (for the latest free version, visit http://get.adobe.com/reader).
- Choose "File > Open" from the Adobe Reader file menu and navigate to the PDF file on your computer.
Can I print use regular paper for
Yes, the certificates are ornate enough that you do not need special certificate paper to make them look nice. Regular paper will work fine, although you may want to use a thicker paper or glossy stock to make the certificate look more professional and last longer.
Can I print the certificates on my
Yes, you can print these certificates on any regular printer. Printing them in color will definitely make them look more professional, though. If your office does not have a color printer, take the PDF to a local Kinkos or office supply store with a color copier. To avoid printing the entire PDF, write down the page numbers you want them to print ahead of time.
Do I need to scale the certificates
No, if you are given an option for page scaling in your print dialog box, choose "None" (see illustration below). The certificates are designed with plenty of border space. If you choose other scaling options, the certificates will not print correctly and may appear with a black border around them.
How do I type onto the certificate?
You can type directly into the certificates using the latest FREE version of Adobe Reader. You can also change the font style for the editable form fields (recipient name, date, presenter name). If you do not see the "Form Field Text Properties" menu, choose "View > Toolbars > Properties" in the Adobe Reader menu and then click on any form field.
How do I create my own funny awards?
You can type directly into the certificates using the latest FREE version of Adobe Reader. If you want more design flexibility and font options, there is another two-step process you can use. First print the blank templates you want from the awards PDF. Then type the areas where there are blanks on the certificates in a Word document and print the document onto the certificates. It's the same process you would use to print a Word document on your pre-printed company letterhead. I've created a Word document you can try. As always with Word, you may have to move things around a bit to get it to work for you. And be sure you set your printer to print the Word document "landscape". Download the create your own awards template
There is a small plus sign
printing on my certificates next to the name field. What do I do?
You'll need to adjust your preferences in Adobe Reader. To open the Preferences dialog box, choose Edit > Preferences (Windows/UNIX) or Reader > Preferences (Mac OS), and then select Forms on the left. Uncheck "Show Text Field Overflow Indicator" and the plus sign will no longer appear.
The text disappears when I try to make edits.
Print out page 3 of the PDF. It's the yellow page that says "Read this before proceeding". It's important to follow the instructions on that page. If you used any program to open the file initially (including a browser plug-in or "Preview" mode), it may have corrupted the file. [If you're using a MAC, opening the awards PDF in "Preview" mode or in your browser most likely corrupted the file. This is an issue with MACs and Adobe Reader. It is not an issue with the awards PDF. Search Google for "pdf form text disappears".] Download the awards PDF again, open the Adobe Reader program, and then open the awards PDF from within the Adobe Reader file menu.
The text gets cut off when I print the certificates.
Print out page 3 of the PDF. It's the yellow page that says "Read this before proceeding". It's important to follow the instructions on that page. If you used any program to open the file initially (including a browser plug-in or "Preview" mode), it may have corrupted the file. [If you're using a MAC, opening the awards PDF in "Preview" mode or in your browser most likely corrupted the file. This is an issue with MACs and Adobe Reader. It is not an issue with the awards PDF. Search Google for "pdf form text cut off when printing".] Download the awards PDF again, open the Adobe Reader program, and then open the awards PDF from within the Adobe Reader file menu.
Can I save changes to the PDF file?
Yes. Using the latest FREE version of Adobe Reader, you can open the PDF, type into the editable form fields (name, date, presenter), print as many as you like and save your changes.
How can I copy and paste the
certificates into PowerPoint?
Adobe Reader has a copying tool already built in. Just go to "Edit > Take a Snapshot" and Alt+click on the certificate. Paste the certificate into PowerPoint, Word or into an Email. Power Tip: Add a shortcut to your menu bar with these steps:
- If you don’t see the camera icon in your toolbar, right-click in the menu area, choose “Show Edit Tools”, and select “Take Snapshot”.
- Make sure the full certificate is in view by choosing “Fit One Full Page to Window”.
- Hold down the Alt key as you press the Snapshot (camera) icon.
- Now you’ve copied the entire certificate and can easily paste it into another program.
Once you’ve got that work flow set, it goes really fast. Watch this quick video to see the process in action.
Alternatively, if you have Windows
8, 7, or (heaven forbid) Vista, there is a great
free tool called "Snipping Tool" (most likely under
Start > All Program > Accessories). This free screen capture tool is
perfect for copying and pasting the certificates. If you need a more
robust screen capture tool, I highly recommend Snagit by Techsmith.
Why can't I export the PDF to Word? It says the PDF file is password protected.
The PDF file is meant to work with one program only: the latest FREE version of Adobe Reader. The file is password-protected to prevent exporting or opening in other programs - including Word, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
Why can't I open the PDF in Illustrator? It says the PDF file is password protected.
The PDF file is meant to work with one program only: the latest FREE version of Adobe Reader. The file is password-protected to prevent exporting or opening in other programs - including Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, etc.
When I paste into PowerPoint, how do I turn off the grey borders around the text?
Look in the Adobe Reader preferences menu (Edit > Preferences) for an option called "Show border hover color for fields". Uncheck that box and the borders will go away.
Is there a hard copy of the
No, we designed the certificates in PDF format so that you only have to print the awards you need. We are a green, eco-friendly company and like to minimize paper use. For ease of picking awards, first print the awards ballot. Write notes next to the awards you want to print, and only print those pages. You'll save trees and money!